Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Another month, another doctor appointment

Dear Charlie/Hermione;

We had another dr. appointment today, and got to hear your heartbeat really loud and strong.  Yay!  I'm so proud of your heartbeat!  It's beyond awesome.

I'm so glad that you're going to be born at White Memorial.  I really miss living around there.  I love our place now, and I'm glad you're going to have your first years in the clean mountain air and away from city life, but man, there's just so much more personality in East LA.  For example, the muffler shop outside the exam room now has a computer chair sitting upside down on its roof.  Because really, where else would you put a computer chair?  And we are so gangsta - your dad noticed that somebody tagged the dust on the windowsill.  Seriously?  But Dr. J is beyond awesome, and we've decided that you're going to rep East LA by being born there.  You can maybe wear a Dodgers outfit home (though your dad is still thinking about that one since he's lost at the moment with everything going on in the owners' divorce - maybe someday he'll explain it to you), and I can call you mija and not sound too much like a poser.  And even when we move around and live in Pennsylvania, and England, you can still have your East LA street cred and listen to Don Omar if you want. 

Anyway, I don't have much to say at the moment.  I'm feeling pretty tired - it was still dark when we woke up.  So I'm going to hope I sleep well tonight.  I've taken to curling up with a cat when I lay down, hoping that their purring relaxes you as much as it does me.

Love you,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment