Friday, September 24, 2010

Baby Wardrobe

So guess who's going to be the newest thrifty-chic fashion plate on the block?  That's right, YOU Baby Teysko!  You are on your way to having an entire wardrobe for your first 6 months or so, for less than a hundred bucks.  Why?  Because your mommy is a thrifty girl, that's why.  I found this chick on Craigslist who had bought an entire wardrobe of gender-neutral stuff - 0 to 6 months - because she didn't want to know whether she was having a boy or girl.  But, she did tell her mom that her mom could find out, as long as she promised not to tell.  So mom found out, and then when the baby comes, the girl gets surprised with a crap-load of pink stuff that her mom had bought.  So she sold the entire lot of neutral clothes - over 30 pieces, for $40.  That would buy, like, two and a half onesies new at Carters.  And most of these are almost-new.  A lot of them still have the tags on.  The rest have been worn maybe once or twice, but still look ridiculously new. While you're growing so fast, your mommy doesn't want to spend a lot of money on clothes that you're just going to grow out of, and especially clothes you're going to grow out of after puking and pooping all over them first.  No point in spending freaking $16 for a onesie when you're just going to poop all over it.  And then it won't fit you in two months anyway.  So until you stop growing so fast - maybe 4 or so? - we're sticking to used clothes.  We will get you a few special occasion outfits new - like for holidays and special stuff - but there's no point in getting craploads of new stuff when we could take you to Italy instead.  You'd prefer Italy to brand new onesies, right?  I think, if you're my kid, that you would.  We can push you in your stroller along the Arno in your used clothes, and you'll still be just as cute.

I also bid on a lot of gender neutral stuff - 40 pieces, 0-9 months, on ebay.  $25.  Dang, I'm good. 

I had fun washing and folding all the stuff I got the other day.  It's all in a cleared out drawer in my dresser for now.  We'll get you your own cupboard when we do up the nursery.  But for now, we're sharing :)

I should say that I'm feeling GREAT the past few days.  I've been really watching my sugar intake, and I think that's helping, especially first thing in the morning.  Eggs and steel-cut oatmeal for us.  No cereal.  No juice.  None of that stuff.  We're doing good, me and you.  Tonight we're going out.  I've been putting off getting a haircut for weeks because I've been too tired.  But we're doing it tonight.  And we might even go to Target if we're feeling really adventurous.  Tomorrow and Sunday we're going to rock out at the Epicenter concert in Fontana.  Get your earplugs ready!!  Don't worry.  If it's too loud, we'll go sit in the car.  I don't mind looking like a fuddy duddy.  I have bigger priorities now.

Love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment