Monday, September 20, 2010

The weekly recap

Baby T!  You have no idea what this past week has been like.  I've been feeling kind of icky and not sleeping very well.  My bank account got hacked (you don't need to know what a bank account is yet - let's just suffice it to say that you don't want it getting hacked) and then on Saturday, after I initiated a stress-reduction-intervention on myself and was walking through the woods at the lake, I nearly passed out.  It was really scary.  I was walking along, minding my own business, and then I sat down, and before you know it I was feeling faint, and dizzy, and throwing up, and the whole thing was just plain nasty.  So much for my contemplative walk in the park. My first thought, of course, was your safety.  But I am assured that you are warm and safe in there, and whatever was going on was just my body reacting to something.

Actually, I called the doctor today to tell them about it, and their current theory is that I'm anemic, and had a little spell.  That would explain a lot about how I've feeling.  Tomorrow is my next scheduled appointment, so they will test for anemia then.  Either way, I'm a little freaked out to go back to the lake by myself for a little while.  So I will be conscripting your dad to go with me.  It was a very scary couple of moments for me.  I didn't know what was going on, and how I would make it back to my car.  But it passed, and we're all right now, me and you.  I even feel  you moving around pretty regularly now.  It's still not strong enough to have your dad feel yet; I just feel it on the inside.  He's hoping that it happens soon - he's anxious to start bonding with you, too.

Speaking of bonding, your dad has been talking to you a lot lately.  Nearly every morning when he wakes up, he rolls over and says good morning to you.  When I leave for the office, he kisses by belly.  When I come home, he pats my belly.  And man, is my belly growing.

This was me over the weekend.  Check out that belly on me!  It's kind of crazy.  My back is starting to hurt,  but it's ok because then I get more backrubs from your dad.  Yay for backrubs!

Anyway, I'm hoping I get to sleep early tonight because we have our appointment with Dr. J in LA tomorrow morning at 9.  Early!  I have to leave at 7-ish then.  Yuck!

Hopefully I'll get to hear your heartbeat again.  Oh!  I caught it on the home doppler on Wednesday, I think.  Really strong and clear.  I heard mine, and then I moved the sensor just a little bit and I heard a heartbeat that was twice as fast.  That was you!  I tried again yesterday and didn't hear anything, but you've probably moved around.  Dr J will find it tomorrow.  Yay! 

I'll be 18 weeks on Wednesday.  You'll be around in 22 weeks or so.  Pretty soon we'll be halfway there. 

Love you,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment