Monday, August 23, 2010

Busy weekend

Hey Charlie!

Guess what!  You had your first taste of greasy (ie not homemade) pizza over the weekend!  Your dad and I were out, and we were hungry, and it was either going into the grocery store to get something healthy, or it was pizza.  Guess what I chose...mmmm....greasy pizza....yummmmm.  Sorry if you didn't like it too much.  Your mama loved it!

So yesterday was the five year anniversary of my first date with your dad.  We had a fun day together, reminiscing about when we first met.  And now we're going to have you!  Yay!!  At the pizza place there was an arcade and I kicked his butt in air hokey (ok, so the last winning shot was a little bit unfair - the waitress had brought our food to the table, and he looked over to let her know that we saw, and when he wasn't looking, I just hammered the puck right into the goal, one shot, beautiful).  And then he won me a stuffed cow in one of those "make the claw get the stuffed animal" games. 

Three days till my appointment with the doctor.  I sure hope I get to see you again!  And my at-home doppler machine should be coming soon, too.  This morning it was in Chino according to the USPS.  Maybe tomorrow.  Then I get to hear your heartbeat whenever I want.  Everybody keeps teasing me about getting a doppler machine, but seriously.  It was only $23.  I've spent $23 on stupider stuff before. 

We had a stand at the flea market on Saturday and got rid of loads of stuff.  I made $175 and we got rid of about 30 garbage bags full of stuff.  The stuff that didn't sell went to the thrift store.  Now we'll have some room to start making your nursery and stuff.  

I'm making some chicken soup for dinner.  The house smells really yummy with the chicken stock cooking.  And we're listening to jim brickman piano music, because it seems appropriate for a monday.

According to the What to Expect book, you're doing a lot of aerobics this week - learning how to stretch out your arms and legs and everything.  You're stretching out my belly, that's for sure.  I keep putting the Burt's Bees Mama Bee stuff on my belly but I don't know if it's working.  But you're growing, and that's a good thing.  I'll trade a stretched out tummy for a growing baby :)

Love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment