Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First day of the second trimester!

Hey Charlie Cheltenham!  We've made it this far, you and me.  I'm taking my prenatal, you're growing bones.  I'm eating less sugar, you're getting muscles.  You started from two cells, and now you're the size of a peach!  All in 3 months time!  That's craziness! 

I'm feeling great today.  In fact, the current freakout I'm having is that I don't really feel pregnant.  I can't wait for my appointment next Thursday when hopefully I'll get to see you again!  I did something your dad is teasing me about now.  I bought an at-home doppler on amazon.  It was only like $23 (which I know sounds really cheap, but the reviews were really good).  Your dad is teasing me because we have this thing about cheapening special things.  Like, we LOVE Formula 1 because it's special - there are only like 17 races a year and each one is such a huge deal.  We have started to really hate nascar because it's EVERY FREAKING WEEK and goes on for like 8 hours.  So I told your dad I bought the doppler, and he says "you know, you can get a dvd of the entire nascar season up till now, and you'd better start watching soon because I think there's still like 20 races left..."  He thinks that the experience is more special if we wait for the doctor appointments each month.  So I respond that he just doesn't have to listen to it.  If I want to bond with you and get peace of mind by listening to your heartbeat, that's my right as a mother.  If he wants to keep it just to doctors appointments, that's his right too.  But you know what?  As soon as it arrives and I can hear your heartbeat, he's going to be all over it.  I know he is.  I'm still trying to decide how much humble pie I'll make him eat before letting him listen :)

So I just finished reading a Time Traveler's Guide to Medieval England, which was a really great "travel" book all about going to 14th century England.  It took me a while to get through it because I have pregnant-brain and need to read everything 4 times before I retain it, but I enjoyed it, so it was all good.  We're going to listen to some Bach this morning.  Bach always makes me productive. 

Apparently you're coordinated enough to be sucking your thumb this week.  That is so cool.  Hope you're having fun in there!

Love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment