Tuesday, August 17, 2010

last day of the first trimester!

Hey Charlie Cheltenham!

Guess what!  You're almost 3 months old!  Woohooo!  This is quite a milestone for a little guy/girl like yourself, and for mama, too, because mama's going to get some energy back.  And the house won't be a disaster area anymore because I'll have the energy and inclination to clean!

PLUS after this weekend, when we go to the flea market and get rid of all our junk, the house will be so empty and it will be much less work to keep up with it.  I can't WAIT!  I'm furiously going through all my stuff really making sure that I want to keep what I'm keeping.  And anything that doesn't sell is getting dropped off at the thrift store on the way home, so it's not coming back in the house.  Seriously, Charlie, there is no reason why I need to have 8 comforters.  We are two people with one bed, and occasionally get guests.  That should mean, really, three, at the most.  One for us, one for us when the other's in the laundry, and one for the occasional guest.  But I have 8.  Count them, 8 comforters.  Why?  Because I go to Target and I think how pretty they would look and how I would read in bed with them and be so happy, and of course I need one for Christmas and one for Valentine's Day, and it's all a big pile of crap.  Sorry for using that word around you.  But it seriously is.  Charlie, you are going to be raised with minimalism.  We are going to travel and live in lots of different places and have lots of adventures, and you can't do that with 8 freaking comforters!!!  So your mama is selling like five of them.  I'm so glad I'm learning this now, before I've bought a bunch of crap for you that you don't need!!

Oh, and your dad and I played the Name Game going down to San Diego the other day.  We've talked about a boy name, and a girl name that we can agree on.  If you're a girl, you may well be Hannah Skye.  Skye like the isle of Skye in the UK.  And Hannah because we love that name.  That sounds pretty, huh?  And there's a lot you can do with it.  You could be a poet with it, or a CEO.  Lots of options.  Plus since I'm Heather, dad could get a tattoo of H squared or something clever like that.  And if you're a boy, you might be Arthur Wells.  Wells like Wells Cathedral, and Arthur which is both cute and kingly at once.   Little Arthur Teysko.  You could totally be a punk rock guy with that.  Or you could be a CEO too.  Or a poet.  Or whatever you want.  Arthur could take you a lot of places, I think.  I really want to give you a name that's distinctive and memorable, but not necessarily too hippie (as Cartman on South Park says, "I  hate hippies!"... Actually, I really don't, I just love that line). 

We're still talking about it, so don't start practicing your signature yet, but I just wanted to keep you in the loop of what we're discussing for you.  You're such a big part of our life, already.  We can't wait till we get to meet you!

Love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment