Monday, August 9, 2010

The soundtrack today

Dear Charlie Cheltenham -

Today we are listening to The Cars.  The Cars are an awesome band from the 80's.  Someday you'll hear all about the 80's and Madonna and Cindy Lauper and neon jelly bracelets and Bon Jovi and really bad hair, and a time when Mtv actually played music.

And we're having greek yogurt and a ceasar salad for lunch.  Earlier we had chocolate milk.  I know I'm supposed to drink a lot of milk so your bones get strong, but I don't really like milk very much, so we're drinking chocolate milk a lot.  Sorry for the extra sugar.

Oh, and the other thing is, I'm completely freaking out about everything.  I've had a lot of cramps in my belly the past few days - nothing awful, just some pain from time to time when I switch positions or stand up or something.  I think it's pretty normal - they say it comes because the ligaments in my belly are stretching to make room for the growing uterus.  But the point is, I keep freaking out about everything.  I've decided that this is what it means to be a parent.  Because seriously, it isn't going to stop when I officially hit the second trimester, or when you're born, or anything like that.  Sometime in March 2027 you'll be driving.  And then I'll really start to worry.  And then, in late August 2029, you'll go off to college, and that will just be awful.  So I'm just going to get used to the freaking out.  I'm doing the best I can, and you're doing the best you can, and together we'll get through the next 6 months and then the next decades, ok?   

Love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment