Monday, August 30, 2010

Yay for cooler weather!

Hey Baby T!  So we're super-happy today.  It's a Good Day.  Mostly because the heat wave broke over the weekend.  Yay!  I get to wear long sleeves again and not feel like I'm melting.  It's blissful!  Yesterday, in celebration of the fall weather (it only got up to like 63 degrees all day), I decided to make something in the croc pot.  I love the croc pot because it makes the whole house smell amazing.  So we had chicken from the croc pot and it was amazing.  Yummmmy. 

Your dad went fishing in the morning, which was fun for him.  He got super sunburned, though.  Poor thing.  His face is all red except where his sunglasses were.  Our neighbor Michael (he wants to be called Uncle Michael) was up for the weekend cutting down some trees, so your dad went fishing with him.  Then he came over and I made them lunch. 

In the afternoon we went to the carnival by the lake - Mountaineer Days, they call it.  It's just a fair, though.  It was too cold for a lot of people to be out, and I couldn't go on the rides because I'm pregnant with you, but it was fun anyway.  Your dad went on the flying swing things.  I was a little jealous because I love the flying swing things too, but it was fun to watch him, and honestly, even watching those rides made me queasy, so I wouldn't have been able to handle actually going on one, even if it was safe!

Last night it got really chilly and we still haven't lit the pilot light, so we just put on lots of blankets.  It was tough getting out of bed this morning, but I love that - how warm and snuggly it is in the fall when it's chilly outside, but not quite enough to have the heater blasting, so we just cuddle up with cats and each other to stay warm, and argue about who should get out of bed first.  Next year we'll have you to cuddle with.  Yay!

Oh, I bought a halloween magazine, because I love fall, and they had costume ideas for babies.  The cutest one was a little spider.  You sew "legs" onto an outfit - basically stuffed socks sewn onto an outfit of the same color.  It was so cute.  Maybe next year you'll be a little spider for halloween.  Man, I can't wait! 

I guess that's it now.  I'm feeling super good today because I slept the whole night and didn't wake up once.  It was awesome!  I guess you're always rested because you don't have to go to work. But you're doing lots of work growing, so I guess that's tiring. 

Love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment