Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dear Charlie Cheltenham -

This morning I went to church.  I'm trying to find a nice church to bring you up in.  Your dad grew up in a church.  I had a church when I was a teenager.  I think it's important for you to have a church to grow up in - to get that sense of community, and tradition and routine, as well as be regularly reminded that there is something bigger than you in the world, and you're part of something everlasting and bigger than you could ever comprehend.  So I think I found a church that might be a fit for our little family.  I'm excited about that!

Now I'm home eating strawberry shortcake and a decaf iced mocha.  Yay for decaf espresso!  I'm going to have a nice bubblebath in a little bit, while I still can.  I guess in a few months it might be harder for me to take a bath, and I LOVE baths, so I'm getting as many in now as I can.

I'm really hoping that my maternity clothes that I ordered come soon.  It's getting difficult to wear my trousers, even with the belly band.  And there are, like, four shirts I can comfortably wear.  I haven't gained much weight yet, though.  Maybe a pound or two.

Oh, the other thing I'm going to do, before I get in the tub, is get the chicken soup started.  I like making chicken soup.  I like boiling the carcass to make the stock, and how the whole house smells wonderful, and now that it's getting a little chilly, it makes the windows steam up.  I just LOVE it.  And I love cutting up the vegetables and everything.  It's such a good time. 

So anyway, i'm going to make your dad lunch and get the soup started now, and then take my bath.  Later tonight we're going to go for a walk around the lake.  I hope you are growing strong in there, and getting lots of loving vibes from us, because we're sending them all the time.

Love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment